Archie's Nemesis

When we bought our house four years ago I was excited because we had a big tree in our front yard.  It was the tree that was planted when the house was built.  Little did I know that the tree that I was excited about would become Archie's nemesis.  Anytime a storm would come through or the wind blew a tree limb of some sort would end up in the yard.  It went from a big beautiful tree to a broken, horrible looking tree.  Over the years, Archie has tried a few different techniques to kill the tree from cutting out roots to cutting off limbs.  Well he finally decided to get the a quote from an arborist to cut down the tree and grind the stump.   Well when it came down to time to cut down the tree the arborist found this......
The tree was sick with a fungus.  It would have eventually died so he was glad he got it taken down. My request with cutting down the tree was to replace the tree with another since that was the only tree on our property.  Below is a picture of our cute new oak tree.  Like my dad said, our house looks a lot younger now.  I must say that I like our new tree!

No comments:

Post a Comment