Staph is Back

Today was kind of a blah day. Archie was not feeling good this morning, he had a huge headache that was making him nauseous. He basically slept all morning long or laid there with his eyes closed. The Infectious Disease doctor came and told us his shunt and his lumbar puncture from Tuesday morning were both showing Staph. We should know tomorrow what strand of staph he has. I ended up leaving for a little while to run to work to cleaning out my pending items while he slept. When I got back, his Critical Care Doctor came to visit. Archie was excited because this is the doctor that had a great bedside manner and explained stuff to us so that we knew what was going on. He said the "dream team is back together again" (neurosugeron, infectious disease and critical care doctor). Then the neurosurgeon came to visit and was concerned due to the headache and nausea. He ordered a CT scan immediately to check his head. The CT scan looked good thankfully because otherwise the neurosurgeon talked about replacing the external shunt with a different shunt which we lovingly referred to as the "unicorn horn". He will get another CT scan tomorrow to check it. The rest of the day Archie slept the day away which he definitely needed abc use he has not slept much the past several night. I just hope all the sleep today doesn't cause him to stay awake all night long. I actually spent some time playing skipbo with my parent in the waiting room while Archie slept. I am praying that tomorrow he feels better because I don't like it when he feels blah.

No comments:

Post a Comment