Free At Last

This morning I got to the hospital around 7 am with a big requested meal from whataburger which was 2 biscuits and gravy plus a taquito.  He heard me enter the room and went back to sleep so I headed to work. My sister got to the hospital about 9 am and he still had not eaten anything so he ate a biscuit and gravy and then they went on a walk.  Over lunch Archie asked me to stop and get lunch and it was a bad deal because I was trying to keep close to an hour lunch and so I showed up with food and had to leave a few minutes later.  They went for another walk after lunch.  They then hung out and then found out he was getting released.  The neurosurgeon didn't even come by because "we know the drill".  Archie got a week's worth of antibiotics, a weekly appointment with the infectious disease doctor and an appointment in a week and a half with the neurosurgeon to remove stitches.  
The catheter that was removed from Archie's head was tested and it had staph on it as well.  He got some hydrocodon, anti nausea meds and a blood pressure med prescribed to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment