Seriously, It Is Only Wednesday????

This morning I woke up with a start because I had forgotten to set my alarm, a small little detail. Thankfully my internal clock was working and I woke up 3 minutes before my alarm would normally go off.  I got to the hospital a few minutes before 7 am.  I saw the nurse was doing his vitals so I waited a little while before going in.  Meanwhile my mother-in-law called to tell me the power was out at our house and had been since 2 am and the alarm had been beeping that whole time.  I suggested that she put in the alarm code to see if that helped, we got a new security system recently so I had not encountered this issue.  Thankfully that worked.  Then I called to report the outage to Oncor.

Basically Archie's day consisted of sleeping and throwing up.  They were giving him anti nausea medicine plus pain meds throughout the day to try to control it but that was not working so well.  He got moved out of ICU and into a regular room late in the afternoon.  When he moved to the new room he got a "no-nonsense" nurse who wanted to get Archie up into a chair and get something in his stomach.  The nurse knows the neurosurgeon and knows that he wants his patients up and moving so now we can tell him tomorrow Archie's accomplishment.  I can proudly say that Archie sat in the chair for 30 minutes and ate a frozen fruit cup.  Now had there been a choice he would not have done it but I am really thankful for the nurse was "hard headed" and forced him to get up.  Afterwards Archie stayed awake for longer than any other time today and he just went to sleep.

Today I went back to work so I was at the hospital before work, over a late lunch and after work so it was a little unsettling trying to work knowing that Archie was not feeling well.  Thankfully Archie's mom and step dad were able to be with Archie all day long today and sent me updates.  Thanks to Mackey for checking on Archie periodically while he is working at the hospital, I know Archie likes seeing a familiar face plus he can provide a little medical advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment