The next couple of days

Wednesday brought a day of rest for Archie, he pretty much slept most of the day. He had a bunch of visitors throughout the day but was pretty wiped out. He still has his personality and sarcasm intact. He was only showing some short term memory issues, asking the same questions over and over he was complaining about the bed saying it was causing his neck to be sore. We have since realized that the neck soreness is due to drainage from his brain not the bed. He got the catheter out and got off some medications so some progress was made.

Thursday began with Archie telling me that " he needs to talk to the doctor because he he needs to be released today." He was more awake this day. This was the first day that they got him up out of bed to sit in a chair for breakfast and lunch, he was suppose to it in the chair for one hour. For breakfast he lasted 30 minutes before he was worn out. He told me "I want to get into bed because my head is f*#^ing killing me" so he was done with that. For lunch he stayed in the chair for an hour, he was worn out but since his head was hurting I made him stay in the chair.

Friday was the day that I slept through my alarm by an hour which meant that I was tired and got to rest but it did throw off my whole morning schedule. I generally get to the hospital by
6:00 am so that I can check and make sure he does not need meds, go to the bathroom, need a
drink, etc. Before I get kicked out of his room for an hour for shift changes and "charting".
During this hour I normally go to chapel and the waiting room so that I can check up on all
the other patients families in the waiting room, we have met some nice people and we usually
chat and ask how everyone is. So I missed that opportunity, so I got ready and did my prayers
at the house before getting to the hospital. That morning he headed down for a CT scan of
his head to see what is happening. We found out that small vasospasms had begun in his head
so it would again be the wait and see pattern to see if they got worse or better. He did get
out of bed twice and go for one walk( even though he did anything he could to avoid it the
previous day, he said it wasn't that bad).

* Thank you to Jennifer & Derek (for Justin Beiber), Jennifer C, Flynn & Norma, Dave, Jim, Cody, Trey, Emily, Jess and my nephews, Jessica & Brian, Kevin & Traci, Shawn, Lindsey, Matt, Chris B, Alex, Chris C, Darrell Bruce, Ricky, Chris, and Heather & John for coming to visit Archie.

No comments:

Post a Comment