Wednesday, day 9

On Wednesday, Archie was more awake during the day but was not feeling very well in the morning. He did not sit in the chair for breakfast and hardly ate anything for breakfast. He did eventually get up for lunch and sit in the chair. He appetite has decreased quite a bit since coming to the hospital so after this hospital stint he might be nice and trim. Thursday morning he is suppose to have another CT.

I did find out my FMLA leave (Family Medical Leave Act)was approved for the full 12 weeks but it will be unpaid. Hopefully I will not have to use the whole time but wanted to go ahead and get it in place. I have one week of sick time for last week and one week of vacation for this week. Archie and I joked that we are having a staycation this vacation.

Today was another day with Super Nurse but he threw out a new fun rule, that we could not sit at all in the room, not even on the cooler. We got new neighbors the previous day and they were wanted to sit down as well since they saw us sitting so they tried to sit on the floor which is a big No No. So began a long day of standing around his room, let me tell you from experience that standing up for roughly 11 hours is no fun. I can honestly say that I was thankful that Supeer Nurse was gone and I do not like that man. We created a bunch of theories about him- he has a military background which is why he is a stickler for rules, etc.

* Thank you to Patty, Matt, Chris, Jimmy Sanchez, and Emily for visiting Archie.

2 comments:

  1. Super Nurse sounds like a jerk. Hopefully for your sake he is actually a great nurse to make up for him being such a pain in the behind! I was sorry to see your FB post earlier about the vasospasms & future surgery. Ugh!

    Y'all hang in there. I'd like to see you sometime this weekend if you are up for it. I'll give you a call. Love you, Mel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know we will be here for a little while longer. Looking forward to seeing you is weekend.

    ReplyDelete