Twos

It is exactly two weeks Monday that we went to the hospital. It was exactly two years ago Monday that Archie and I became husband and wife. It is kind of surreal right now knowing that we are in the hospital on our anniversary. Archie told me he was sorry but he did not get me a gift, I said the only gift I want is that he gets better. Archie's mom tried to arrange for dinner from a nice restaurant be delivered but Archie and I both agreed we would rather go out to a nice restaurant when he gets better. A nice steak dinner in the ICU doesn't sound very romantic.

Above are anniversary flowers we received from my Aunt Laurie and Uncle Chuck

Archie got a CT scan today this morning and we had to wait until this afternoon for results from the doctor. The doctor informed us that there is a new vasospasm in another blood vessel which means that we are still waiting for the vasospams to subside. The doctor did tell us that considering the amount of blood in his brain he thought Archie would be in a lot worse shape than he is. There will be another CT scan on Friday most likely.

After that information Archie was very grouchy. He unfortunately thought that since he had not had a headache in a couple of days that meant that they were subsiding and he would be able to have the surgery soon. Thankfully, some friends stopped by and talked to him for about an hour.  I normally try to limit the amount of time for overstimulation purposes but since I could see this was providing a distraction so I didn't care. After the staff change and charting time we brought him back some dinner and he was in much better spirits. I left around 9:30 pm because I was just wiped out from the day, sorry the I waited until Tuesday to update everyone.

* Thsnk you John, Nancy, Flynn, Norma, Kyle, Joshua, Joe and Emily for coming to visit Archie.

No comments:

Post a Comment