Thursday, Day 10

The CT scan took place at 8:00 in the morning. The results were that there were additional vasospasms in new blood vessels. Additionally, we found out that the coils did not work and that there is additional blood getting into the aneurysm so once the vasospams are done Archie will be having surgery where they will go in and clamp the aneurysm.

I thankfully handled the news well, I didn't even cry. I think I got the tears for the week out on Monday when we found out they were going to do another angiogram. The news is not good but I am to the point of taking it one day at a time and i am not ready to worry about the surgery yet.

Today Archie spent more time awake than any other day. He usually crashes out in the morning and afternoon but he just took a couple of cat naps. I am interested to see if this will cause him to be tired tomorrow. Archie only got out of bed once today, he stood up so the sheets could be changed. He said he was not feeling it today. He told the nurse that tomorrow he would get up 3 times (sitting in the chair and going for walks). We shall see how that works out. He did just tell me that he is going to go to sleep and i can go home early. He said his headaches were tolerable today so he only took pain meds a few times. Archie is getting tired of being here and wants to know when he will get out, he is tired of the doctor saying we ares going to have to wait and see, take it one day at a time. We just don't know when the vasospasms will subside and until that happens we are just in a holding pattern which is driving him a little crazy.

Super Nurse was back again today so we got to stand all day long which is fun. We also found
out he will be back tomorrow. I do find humor in this now, my sister has prayed since he
showed up that we get another nurse and yet he still prevails. There is one positive thing
that came from Super Nurse and that is that he reassured Archie that vasospams are expected,
he has treated a bunch of patients with aneuryms and all of them have had vasospams so that
made Archie feel better.

Today Archie's mom came back into town from Wichita Falls to stay through the weekend. I think
I am going to make a couple of outings while she is here, my sisters and mom are on me to get
out of the hospital. Since she is here I am going to take full advantage of that, I really
have been just hanging out at the hospital all the time.

* Thank you to Jimmy Sattler, Jeff, Chris B, Jessica T. and Corey for coming to visit Archie.

No comments:

Post a Comment