Three Weeks Today

Today marks three weeks, which is crazy. When I went in to see Archie he had huge swollen black eye and the right side of his face was very swollen (the black eye was less swollen and less purple by the end of the day). He has stitches from the top of his head to his ear but they did not have to shave his head which is good. That is where they did the surgery yesterday, on the right frontal lobe. He slept the day away. He was awake 3 times during the 12 hour period that I was here. The first time he looked at me and want to hold my hand. The second time he was scratching his bandages on his head, I told him not to do that because there is a drain from the surgery (which was removed a couple of hours later). He wanted me to take a picture so he could see it. When he looked at the picture he was trying to figure out why he had a black eye on only one side. I had to explain to him that he had surgery on that side and he seemed pretty concerned but I explained to him that it would go away. During this time the nurse did his vital signs and he knew my name, that he hung tvs for a living, his name, the month and year. The third time he asked where his cell phone was, I told him that Matt had his phone. Then he asked for his computer and his iPad. When I asked why he needed that stuff he said he wanted to know what the rangers score was from last night.

I checked on him basically every hour for about 10 minutes and for most of the times he was snoring away, even though according to Archie he does not snore. Hopefully tomorrow he is more awake.

No comments:

Post a Comment