He is Free!

That is right, we are currently in bed at our house! I cannot believe that it finally happened.  I was so excited to drive into Frisco and into our driveway. I will really miss my roommates and my sofa bed in Dallas.

This morning Archie began with a CT scan first thing in the morning.  When he returned to the room afterwards I spent about 30 minutes trying to get him to sit up and eat some breakfast before the physical therapist showed up but that didn't work out so well, the therapist showed up before he sat up to eat.  Archie walked down the hall with the therapist and they had him do some exercises. Afterwards he ate a muffin for brunch since it was basically 10 am then he napped for a couple of hours.  The doctor said that Archie's CT scan was good and that he was free to go home.  Archie woke up and ate some lunch and then my mom harrassed him into a walk, a wheelchair ride outside and a bath.  Poor Archie was just beaten down but he got all of it done. The physical therapist thought Archie might need some inpatient physical therapy so he did get an evaluation before he was released but they thought that he could do some outpatient therapy instead.  He finally able to head home around 6:00 pm.

Archie was sent home with only one mandatory prescription with is an anti-seizure medication, he was given sleeping pills and a pain pills when he needs them.  We are going a week from Monday to get his stitches removed.  I am going to call on Monday to try to schedule outpatient therapy and he needs to go to visit a neurologist to get an evaulation to see if he had a seizure.  Note: The week that he had his craniotomy and the angioplasties he lost control of his left side of his body and the doctor thought he could have had a seizure or the vasospams got really severe.  So we need to go get an evaulation so see if he did have a seizure or not.  If Archie did have a seizure he will not be able to drive for 6 month due to state law.  My plan now that we are home is that we are going to try to take 3 or 4 walks a day.  I am interested to see what tomorrow bring with it being to the two of us at the house.

I definitely have a new appreciation for nurses, doctors and everyone who works in hospitals.  I did learn a lot while I was in the hospital, I kept joking that I could almost be a nurse after the time I spent there.  I did spend a lot of time praying for patience and understanding during this time, I will continue to do this.  I know that God granted it because there were times that were difficult, Archie would get frustrated because I was "nagging" but I got through it and did not get my feelings hurt.  There were times that I didn't know if I could make it but I just remembered what the ICU nurses said "you have to be strong and you cannot cry in front of Archie."

Right now I do not think we are going to be up for visitors until we figure out what staying at home will be like.  I cannot believe how much love and support we have received from everyone.  Thank you so much for your prayers!   

No comments:

Post a Comment