Mystery Solved, Day 53

If you recall a week from yesterday Archie started having stomach issues at home.  Well the mystery is solved, he has c diff which is Clostridium Difficil.  It is a bacteria that grows in the intestine, it is common in hospitals. The c diff was the reason he was so worn out and not feeling well the last couple of days he was home before we took him back to the hospital. So they will start him on a 7 days of pills to clear that up.  Unfortunately, this causes Archie to be put in isolation which means that if you are going to be touching Archie you will have to put on a gown to make sure that you are protected.  You also need to wash your hands instead of using the alcohol foam outside of his room.  
The head MRI that was done yesterday came out clear, there were not any changes.  Also, the EKG was good as well.  We are still waiting on some of the other test results.

Archie did not sleep well last night.  This morning Archie snoozed quite bit due to the not sleeping situation.  My mom came to visit for like 20 minutes this morning and the first thing Archie said is "I am not going for a walk and I am not going to take a bath."  My mom takes the bad guy role when she is there because if I suggest anything of that sort Archie will make some nasty remarks to me.  Archie generally will make smart/rude remarks to myself or his mother, we are his scape goats.  Thankfully I talked to the nurse and she was the bad guy this afternoon when it came time for walks.  He ate something at every meal, not a crazy amount but more than nothing and something to provide some nourishment.  Archie went for two walks this afternoon.  He watched some television today, the news to keep up to date with what is going on outside of Baylor Hospital. He has also been watching parts of the Ranger games the past couple of nights.  Hopefully tomorrow is another good day!

I went for a massage tonight during shift change and let me tell you that was amazing! My dear friend, Melissa sent me a gift card to Massage Envy.  Sitting in a chair in the hospital all day long has been a little tough so the lady worked out my stress and I am feeling good.  Thank you Melissa!

No comments:

Post a Comment