Roller Coaster, Day 51

A Roller Coaster is how I describe my life right now. Yesterday was such a better day, I was so excited that he was feeling better and then today happened. Today Archie did not feel well. He did not eat any breakfast, although his stomach was growling the food didn't sound good. He was not nauseous but not interested in food. The no breakfast made for an interesting morning and early afternoon. He just does not have any energy and feels horrible so he in turn takes it out on myself and his mother. He did eat some lunch- a few bites of chicken and some macaroni & cheese. He then went for a walk around the ICU. He took a LOT of naps today. When I brought him dinner tonight he again passed on eating. I harassed him about taking just a few bites of food with not luck. I told him tomorrow he will be eating breakfast so get ready. Since the Rangers did not play tonight we watched "Criminal Minds," one of our favorite tv shows and then I headed home around 9 pm. Please pray that Archie starts to feel better!

I talked to the doctor today and he said Archie can start having 1 or 2 visitors a day BUT that is the max because too many wears him out. Archie feels like his has to entertain people even if he is tired and he gets overtimulated. So if you would like to come see Archie PLEASE send me text message or a Facebook message to let me know a couple of days that work for you so that I can schedule people to visit. Also, the visit will be a short 15 minute timeframe. One other favor is - if you, your significant other or your children are sick please DON'T come expose Archie to anything. His immune system is already challenged and we do not want him having to deal with anything else. I know my restrictions are annoying but I am just trying to do the best for Archie. I also know that Archie would enjoy seeing someone besides myself and family because he is tired of the hospital which we all understand. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment