Sunday, Day 41

Today was another good day.  Archie woke up several times last night again and was trying to sneak into the bathroom without waking me up even though I told him I would prefer that I am awake and walking with him since he is still not super steady on his feet.  Archie told me if he falls just let him fall.  I of course told him that we didn't get through this 5 weeks for him to fall and bust open his head again.

This morning Archie woke up at 6 am and took a nice hot bath to soak his tired and sore body.  I made breakfast and then we watched the movie Lincoln Lawyer (it was really good).  We then went for our first walk of the day which was a walk to the end of the street (5 houses) around the corner and around the back down the alley.  We at lunch and then Archie took a little nap.  Then we went on another walk up to the end of the street and back.  We watched the Cowboys game and then ate dinner.  Afterwards, we went on a walk the opposite direction to the end of the street around the corner and down the alley.

Archie is getting more steady when walking and is not stalling when I ask him to do task.  I know Archie likes plan and schedule his day so I will ask him what time he would walk first thing in the morning, then later around lunchtime I will ask about his next walk.

Tomorrow I am going to call about scheduling physical therapy for Archie and to try to schedule an appointment with the seizure doctor.  On Friday night my friend Andrea, who is a speech therapist, has offered to meet with Archie because part of her job is cognitive evaluations to help with short term memory and other thinking processes so we are looking forward to meeting with her.
I really appreciate all the prayers we have received and I will continue to ask for the prayers.  Yes, we are at home and out of the hospital but we are still on a recovery journey.  The doctor has said that there will be some personality changes that we will see that could be permanent or could last up to one year.  Archie is able to work on his computer but is not able to do any lifting, climbing or anything strenuous.

No comments:

Post a Comment