Missing Husband & Truck, Day 88

This morning we headed to Grand Prairie for Archie and Matt to check out a job.  I stayed in the car while they checked out the building.  Archie bailed out a little early because the noise inside was giving him a headache.  Afterwards we went for another job to see if Archie could help out, he was able to do a few things.  We stopped for lunch and then headed to the house.  I dropped Archie off at the house and told him that if he needed to go anywhere to give me a call.  I headed out to try to take care of some Christmas shopping and to get our Magi/Angel tree gift for church.  I went to five stores and got a bunch of presents taken care of.  I got home a couple of hours later to an empty house, missing husband and truck.  I called him and he told me he went to meet Matt in McKinney for a job.  He drove himself on side roads to McKinney.  I wrapped all the presents I had.  When Archie got home he told me that the job took longer than he thought, he was hoping to get home before I got home. I felt like a mom with a teenager who was not truthful with me.  Not that I didn't trust Archie, rather I would have preferred to have ridden in the truck with him.  He got to McKinney and home safely and we agreed that I would ride in the truck with him for at least the next week.  I also asked him to not mess with his phone while he is driving to avoid distractions at least for a week or two.  So if you call Archie and he does not answer he might be driving. 

Overall, this first week of work for Archie was good.  He worked a few hours everyday except the day he had his neuro psych evaluation.  Next week he will work longer days and I go back to work as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment