Another One Bites the Dust, Day 78

This morning we slept in.  I got up and started cleaning the house.  We left to pick up lunch and then we went to have lunch at an elementary school with my sister, the teacher, Emily.  Archie had not ever been there before and this was my first trip this year.  We had a short, quick lunch but it was perfect because we had to head to Archie's appointment with the infectious disease doctor at 1:40 pm.  We got there early so I headed to the ICU to drop off a basket of snacks for people in the waiting room and to touch base with the charge nurse.  Archie wants to bring lunch to the nurses so I set it up that we bring lunch next Wednesday.  I saw a couple of Archie's favorite nurses and chatted with them.  I also went to visit an ICU friend who's husband returned to ICU yesterday because he went into cardiac arrest.   I wanted to give our friend a hug and to let her know that we are praying and thinking of them. 

By the time I finally figured out where the infectious disease doctor's office was Archie was walking out.  The doctor just asked how he was doing and said he was cleared.  So another doctor bites the dust, another break-up which I do not mind at all.  Afterwards we started home when 75 was at a standstill so we were cutting over to Preston Road when we basically passed by my work so we stopped to say hello to my co-workers.  It was good to see everyone and I got to give Archie a tour of the office, he has always just picked me up outside the building but has not ever come up.  We headed home and then I continued to clean up the house.  I cooked dinner which consisted of meatloaf, onion potatoes and macaroni & cheese.  It was a nice comfort food meal.  Tomorrow Archie is going to go to work for a little of while and I am going to chauffeur him around.  Another good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment