Surgery Tomorrow! Day 58

Yes, you read correctly, Archie is having surgery tomorrow morning at 11 am.  I know you are thinking didn't you post earlier this week that the doctor said it was going to be Tuesday?  I know I was a little confused as well.  The doctor came in today and said that the brain fluid is as good as it is going to be so we are going to do it tomorrow.  I was not going to fight him on that at all. So say a prayer for Archie tomorrow morning.  I know it is going to be difficult afterwards because they are going to cut his belly again on the other side of his stomach just below and to the left of his belly button.  So any movement he makes will bother him.  I just pray that this recovery goes a little better than the last one.  The last one was scary for me because he was so slow moving and delayed with any instructions he was given.

Today was an okay day.  Archie volunteered to go on a walk this morning because he knew my mother was coming this afternoon (he just thought it would get him out of walking when she was there, it didn't work).  My mom got to the hospital with some Babes chicken for lunch for Archie. Then his mom got back into town right when my mother and I were headed to the waiting room to eat some lunch that my mom's friend Michelle brought us some Corner Bakery for lunch.  We knew Corner Bakery was something that Archie would not be interested in so mom stopped especially for him on the way.  After lunch my mom bugged Archie about a walk and a bath.  We did both task accordingly, mom even got Archie to shave because he had not done that in a week and a half.  He did most of his face but left a Derek Holland mustache because the facial hair was so long that shaving was painful.  Then I left for a haircut and sushi with my sister.  We stopped at Lenny for some dinner for Archie.  I am going to go on the record and say that Archie is officially done with the hospital food.  It is the same menu each week and after 7 weeks he is not interested in anything from the hospital at this point.  After dinner my sister Emily asked Archie about going on another walk.  He made a smart remark like "what is the deal with the Gruninger girls and walking" but still went for a walk anyways.  I find it interesting that he will go on a walk if someone else suggests it but if I suggest it I get labeled as a nag, go figure. Whatever, as long as he is walking I really don't care what he is calling me.  Let me say this - I definitely have thicker skin now than I did before this ordeal. The good news is that Archie did admit to me today that he is harsh on his mother and I, a little progress.  Sorry for the little rant.

Please pray for Archie, the doctor, nurses and staff that the surgery goes well and that Archie has a speedy recovery.  Please pray for our families that God gives us the strength, patience and understanding to work through this.

No comments:

Post a Comment