College Football and a Surprise, Day 68

This morning I woke up at 6 am and Archie was up too, (BOO to waking up early).  This morning we had brunch for my mom that we were both suppose to attend but my uncle said his stomach was not feeling well so Archie had to stay at home.  His immune system is shot and I don't want to risk him being exposed to anything so I had to leave him at home and he was not happy.  I was gone from 9 am to 12:30 pm and Archie went on a walk with his mom to the end of the street and back (3 houses and back) and he sat up on the couch for quite a while watching college football.

When I got home I was a woman with a mission.  Archie, his mother and I went on a half block walk then I got him some lunch afterwards.  Then tonight we are having a party for my mom's 60th birthday party so my job since I am hanging at the house with Archie was to make 3 desserts for tonight - lemon bars, sopapilla cheesecake and a chocolate chip dip.  So, I made the sopapilla cheesecake and the dip while Archie's mom volunteered to help me make the lemon bars.
Meanwhile, Archie was watching football.  We then went for our third walk of the day.  I left at 3:30 pm to go help set up for the party while Archie stayed at home with his mom and stepdad.  They were responsible for the 5 pm walk and dinner (although I suggested pizza).  His friend Derek is going to come over and hangout so that they can watch football. The party was great, Mom said it was the best birthday ever although she might be exaggerating a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment