Social Day, Day 69

This morning Archie woke up at like 6 am and rolled around for a little while until I told him to turn on the tv.  He watched tv while I snoozed until 7:30 am.  He then hopped in the shower.  Archie, his mother, stepdad and I went to brunch at my parents' house this morning because my relatives were still in town.  We ate Anamia's leftovers from last night for brunch.  We then bailed out afterwards but it was good to see everyone and Archie got to attend brunch with everyone, a make up from yesterday morning when he could not attend.  We went home and his mother and stepdad headed home to Iowa Park. We counted brunch as his first two walks because he was moving around quite a bit at brunch.  Archie then watched the Cowboy's game while I napped.  Around 2:45 pm, Archie's fraternity brother, Trey came to visit.  We just found out that he lives in Frisco and not too far away from our house.  Trey stayed for an hour talking to Archie.  We then went for a walk, we made a lap down our street and around (our longest ever!).  Archie watched tv and then I suggested that we go for our last walk.  We went to the end of the street (3 houses) around the corner and down the alley back to our house.  Then Jessica, Brian and Colton came over and brought us a potroast dinner which was delicious!  I got to spend get some baby time with Colton and we got to talk.  It was a pretty social day for Archie and he is pretty tired now.  Tomorrow night we are meeting with my friend Andrea who is a speech therapist to do a cognitive evaluation (memory) on Archie.

* Just a reminder-  if people would like to visit to make sure you are feeling good and that your significant other or children are not sick because Archie's immune system is very weak.  I also have a gallon of hand sanitizer that I ask everyone who visits to use for everyone's sake, yours and ours.  Thankfully Archie is feeling good so far and there have not been any issues but I am just trying to be extra cautious. Also, please text me or Archie to make sure he is up for a visit.  Sorry to be a crazy wife (I know I am one and I accept it) but I do not want to go back to the hospital again for anymore hospital stays, doctor visits are okay not hospital stays.

This weekend at my mom's party I talked to a bunch of family and friends and they told me that they have been praying for us.  I cannot explain to you how much it means to me.  At the beginning of this when people told me they were praying for me I made me tear up and cry.  I am usually praying for other people, not receiving the prayers and it was just hard for me to wrap my brain around.  I just want to thank everyone for all the prayers, they are working. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment