A Schedule, Day 66

The 4:00 am alarm for the c diff pill is difficult each morning. Archie ate 5 piece for thick bacon for breakfast this morning. My mom added Archie sitting up 3 times a day to the schedule this morning because Archie is saying he is getting a little lightheaded when he stands so she thinks sitting up will help with that. We went for a walk at 10 am (3 houses and back) and 12 pm (4 houses and back). My mom brought over some beef stew for lunch and we all ate lunch at the kitchen table. We went for another walk at 2:30 pm (4 houses around the corner and down the alley). Then Archie took a shower for the first time since we went back to the hospital two and half weeks ago. Then I was watching tv this afternoon when I heard a lawnmower nearby and that is when Archie said that he thinks Chris was mowing our yard. I wanted to know what Chris did to get it working and he reassured me that it took him quite a while to get the mower working. I told him that he didn't have to mow, I just needed help starting the silly thing but he handled up on it for us. Thank you Chris Bishop for helping me out! We went for our last walk of the day around 5 pm (4 houses and back). We had Taco Thursday at the Stewart household for dinner and then we just watched some television. It was another great day without any arguments and frustration. Archie has been very compliant with my requests.
We set up a tentative schedule for Archie so he could know what to expect throughout the day so the walking times are at the same time. Plus, he was asking how he could fit everything in his day since he has to go on 4 walks a day and sit up 3 times a day. Below is the schedule:
8 am Breakfast
Sit Up in a chair
10 am Walk
Rest
12 pm Walk
Lunch afterwards
Sit up in a chair - maybe combine sitting up with lunch?
Rest
3 pm Walk
Rest
5 pm Walk
6 pm Dinner
Sit Up

Thank you for all the support and prayers that we have received!

No comments:

Post a Comment