Frustrated, Day 62

That is my life right now.  Last night we spent two and half hours trying to make him eat something off his dinner tray, without success.  This morning I stopped and got Poptarts and thought this would be better.  But no, two hours later with fifteen minute reminders to eat, and nothing.  After my mom showed up this morning, she coerced him to eat bites of Poptarts.  It is just so much work with no results.  I really just want to open his mouth and shove some food down, but it's not working out.
The doctor has told him and I both that he will not be released from the hospital until he is eating, walking, and off IV medications, meaning he is drinking liquids.  Today was the first day he walked with a bunch of moaning and groaning.  He did end up taking two short walks though.  He catnapped most of the day and overall feels like crap.  He still is complaining of a headache and nausea.
I left tonight to attend a family dinner and told him he must eat if he wants me to come back.  So far no success, but he did get a shot for nausea so we will see if that helps.
We are hoping that tomorrow will be full of walking, eating, and drinking.  Pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment