Thankful, Day 80

Thankful that Archie is with us.  Today myself and our families are grateful that Archie is with us this Thanksgiving.   You know you do not appreciate what you have until something happens.  I cannot imagine what my life would be like without Archie right beside me.  I am also thankful for all of our friends and family that were there to support us during the past three months.  Thank you so much for all the kind words, hugs and all the help you provided.

Thanksgiving had a new meaning this year.  Archie's family came to Frisco this year, they were kind enough to drive into town from Wichita Falls.  I did not feel comfortable having Archie 3 hours away from the hospital.  Archie is doing well but that 1 hour trip from our house to Dallas when he had the infections was long and horrible and I could not imagine a 3 hour drive. His mom, stepfather and niece came yesterday.  His brother and sister-in-law drove his grandmother in this morning.  Archie's step dad's daughter and granddaughter joined us as well.  Archie and his brother fried the turkey.  His mom did all of the rest with no assistance, we offered plenty and were denied every time.  We did a "simple Thanksgiving" but had all of the favorites.  We ate lunch at 1 pm and then everyone left by 3 pm.  Afterwards we watched the Cowboys win.  Happy Thanksgiving everyone!  

No comments:

Post a Comment