Home Again, Home Again - Day 64

No throwing up last night which is always a plus in my mind. I got to the hospital this morning and Archie was still sleeping and proceeded to sleep until about 9 am. Apparently he stayed up until 11:30 pm watching American Choppers. I brought him some McDonalds for breakfast and he ate 2 pieces of bacon, a sausage patty and a pancake for breakfast. The infectious disease doctor said that Archie has 3 more days of c diff medication before he is done which is exciting. We found out that we are going to have to schedule an appointment with the infectious disease doctor for a follow up appointment. Speaking of c diff, my mother-in-law sanitized our house from top to bottom so that I did not have to worry about the c diff spores hanging out in the house. Thank you Jennifer!
Archie then napped again for a while. I was harassing him about going on a walk when his neurosurgeon came by and asked Archie if he was ready to go home. So that meant that Archie is getting discharged! We need to schedule an appointment with the neurosurgeon to remove the staples and the stitches two weeks from yesterday. After that we hungout in the room waiting for things to get moving. The discharge nurse came and then we had to wait for the IV nurse to come remove his picc line in his arm. Then we waited an hour for transport to come. Finally at 3 pm we were able to head home. Archie informed me on the way home that he was not going on a (insert bad word) walk today because he is not feeling well today. So we headed home and Archie climbed into bed and took a nap. My mom came over and brought dinner. So I was able to go get the perscription filled and get some groceries since it has been two and a half weeks since we have been home. I woke Archie up at 5:30 pm so that he would be able to sleep tonight, we ate dinner and then watched some tv. I am currently nagging Archie about taking pills because we missed a pill cycle due to the time it took to get discharged and the time it took to get the script filled.

I am praying for Archie and I to have patience, understanding and peace during this time at home. Also, that Archie is going to heal and not return to the hospital again. Thank you everyone for your support and prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment