Testing,1,2,3, Testing, Day 86

Today was Archie's neuro psych evaluation and we needed to be at Baylor in Dallas at 8:30 am if insurance information got verified.  So we left the house at 7:15 to give us plenty of time because you never know how traffic is.  On the way I called and insurance still hadn't been verified so we grabbed some breakfast and went to the office to start paperwork in hopes that insurance would approved and we would be taken to the evaluation.  Thankfully we did not have to wait too long and  I dropped him off and then headed to Carrolton to pick up Babes Chicken.  I needed to get the food to the hospital by 11 am so I had a pickup time of 10:15 am.  I dropped off the food right on time and then headed to go wait for Archie to have a lunch break.  We went to lunch, I dropped him off and then headed to go visit my friend Kathy and her husband at a skilled nursing home.  Kathy's husband had a brain aneurysm and arrived in ICU a few days after Archie did.  I went over and sat with them for about an hour and a half until Archie called me to let me he was done.  We then went up to ICU for a short visit to see all nurses.  We had one of the nurses remove a stitch that was still in his head that was overlooked when they were being removed, Archie did not trust me to remove it.  We stayed for about 30 minutes to visit with the nurses and I got to see one of my ICU friend whose husband returned to ICU recently. 

Archie's testing that he completed today comprised of: a 570 true/false questionnaire, a matching game, repeating stories, drawing symbols, and much more.  He was pretty beat down afterwards.  I told him that it is good to have the evaluation done otherwise we would have to wait 3 weeks to get in plus it is the last thing that we needed to do.  We have to go back on Monday to find out the results of the evaluation.

I received a phone call from HR and I get to return back to work next week on Tuesday and Thursday.  Then the next week I am going to work Monday, Wednesday and Friday.  Apparently my FMLA expired today.  Who knew?   It seems that my FMLA started on Labor Day so I will be using vacation and sick time starting tomorrow, Friday, and then all the other days I am off.  So I am going back to work soon.  Tomorrow we are going to Fort Worth for a couple of jobs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment