Interesting Day, day 60

This morning I got here and just missed Archie, he went for a CT scan so I waited 30 minutes to see him. I did find out that he had thrown up 3. Tmes- once overnight, once at 7 am and when he returned from the CT scan. I talked to me for a few minutes but he was grouchy and really sleepy. I did remind him about the need to eat and walk so we can go home, he didn't remember. He asked me why I didn't tell him this last night, a little frustrated and I told him I did but he has forgotten. He did apologize to his mother and I for being so grouchy but he just didn't feel well.

He went to sleep and I left at that point to try to get a temporary handicap parking sign for the car because Archie really doesn't have the endurance to walk very far. I drove to Frisco, got to the office and I missed the section where Archie was suppose to sign it. I just started crying because I had left the hospital to get this accomplished and got denied. Argh! I also went home to switch vehicles because Archie would rather ride in his truck than my car. I got back to the hospital and he was still sleeping. The nurse wanted me to wake him up since he had been sleeping for a couple of hours and she had to do vitals. At that point I was asking if he wanted any food and reminding him to take his pill. He got frustrated about me reminding him about the pill and I told him everything I say these days frustrated him. He really didn't have much of a response. He slept for most of the afternoon. The neurosurgeon came in and had Archie sit up and stand up. Archie did end up throwing up again so the neurologist said he would return later with a machine with a magnet that he can use to adjust the shunt because he was over draining. He came and adjusted the shunt around 4 pm, had Archie sit up and stand up. Afterwards, Archie stayed awake so I think the adjustment made a difference. For dinner Archie had 3 sips of broth, 2 snack size twixes, and some dr pepper. He wanted the twixes because he was worried about taking pills with only liquids in his stomach. Archie is on a waiting list for a room but I am hoping he just stays here for the night then tomorrow we can accomplish walks, eating and go straight home. Say some prayers for us, I sure will. I have already warned him that my priority tomorrow is walking.

Update: Archie got a room and was being moved tonight so I will see him tomorrow in the new room.  Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment