Compliant Patient, Day 65

Today I had a compliant patient for the most part, there was not any arguing in regards to my requests. We woke up at 4:30 am to take his c diff pill (must be taken every 6 hours) and Archie was grouchy. He said he did not sleep well until around 6 am when he slept until 8 am. Archie ate 4 pieces of bacon and half of an english muffin for breakfast. After an hour of harassment we went for our first walk around 11 am (3 houses to the end of the street and back). He then watched tv while I pulled weeds in the yard (the flowerbeds looked like I was trying to grow weeds). I tried to mow the yard but our lawnmower would not start after 6 weeks of sitting in the garage. I even asked our neighbor to try to start it but without any luck and his lawnmower is broken (yes there is gas in our lawnmower). We ate some yummy bbq pulled pork that my mom brought over for lunch. Then we went on another walk which was the same distance as before but we went around the corner and down the alley. I cooked some stuffed shells for dinner this afternoon. I am pretty done with eating at restaraunts for a little while, if you think about it I ate out for most meals for about 8 weeks so I am wanting to eat some home cooking. We went for our last walk late this afternoon which was down to the end of the street and back (4 houses). Archie actually told me he was hungry tonight! The dinner was delicious and Archie ate 2 stuffed shells, some green beans and a piece of bread. I must say that I think his appetite is coming back. Archie stayed up all day long so I think he is tired.

I set up some appointments today:
- Next Thursday with the neurologist to see if Archie had a seizure
- Next Friday with the primary care doctor to update her on what has gone on since the last visit and to tell her what the seizure doctor said
- Monday, the 21st with the neurosurgeon to get stitches and staples out
- I left a message about an occupational therapist evaluation

Thank you everyone for all of your support and prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment